Odun Eweniyi is the Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer of PiggyVest, which was formerly called Piggybank.ng, a fast growth savings platform in Africa with over 200,000 users and raised a seed round in 2018. She shared her experience running her first startup – PushCV and how she co-founded PiggyVest with her team, her experience as a woman in tech and how she’s supporting other women in tech.
- Great ideas are sometimes super ordinary. Inspiration for PiggyVest started from a tweet! Hear Odun’s story.
- Don’t found companies with people who are not your friends. There’ll be tough days for the business and there’ll be days you need to have tough conversations.
- Don’t hire too fast. Even when you raise money, be deliberate about every penny you spend. Odun says if resources won’t move you from point A to B, don’t spend on it. Hear her perspective.
- Women in leadership positions have a strong role to play in helping more women launch careers in tech.
- Learn from mistakes but be resilient enough to move from them. Dwelling on your mistakes keep you from growing.