Uchenna Onwuamaegbu-Ugwu, a.k.a Uche Ugwu, is the founder and CEO of Edufun Technik, a social enterprise creating educational solutions to stimulate a passion for science, technology, engineering and mathematics in children and young people from primary to tertiary educational level. In this episode she shares with us her journey into STEM education, her ongoing challenges and how she’s bringing many more Nigerian girls into STEM.
- Parents have a role to play in fuelling a passion for STEM in girls – learn Uche’s perspective about this.
- Having a mentor is important for your growth.
- Acknowledge early on that it’s not going to be easy
- Having a winner’s mindset can help you succeed. Uche’s successful attitude constantly motivated the girls she mentored
- Persistence is a muscle you MUST build up to run your business successfully. Uche uses hers to constantly overcome rejection.